Winter solstice is here! During this season, most homes experience increased energy bill costs due to keeping it warm. There are many ways to keep those prices down. Check out five ways that Hauser Air is heading into the New Year with a new peace of mind and better understanding of how to save energy in your home.
- 1. Fix air leaks around your home by using foam inserts, weather stripping, and caulk.
- 2. Forming quick and easy habits can go a long way. Take shorter showers and turn off all electricity when leaving a room.
- 3. Remember to change your furnace filter every 3 months; this could save you more money than you think!
- 4. Unplug battery chargers, TVs, and other appliances when not in use. They use energy constantly. If unplugging your TV isn’t an option, adjust the energy saver setting when not in use.
- 5. Insulation reduces heat gain in the summer and heat loss in the winter. Save hundreds a year by insulating attics, exterior walls, under floors, heat ducts and hot water pipes.
Schedule an appointment today with Hauser Air to make sure your home is geared up for cold temperatures!