Every year at about this time, you probably receive several direct mail pieces from every different Cincinnati area heating and cooling company telling you to schedule a furnace tune-up or a coupon for one. But what many companies fail to tell you (and the reason most of those offers are ignored) is exactly why a furnace maintenance is essential.
At Hauser Air, we won’t sell you something you don’t need. So here is a list of a few of the reasons an annual tune-up is so important to the efficiency of your furnace and the safety of your home.
- Ensures proper airflow – During the furnace tune-up, the heating technician should check your heating system to ensure it is receiving the proper airflow- Restricted or limited airflow places an unnecessary strain on your furnace that can lead to increased repairs and a shortened lifespan.
- Keeps you safe – Furnaces burn fuel to produce heat. This combustion process must be precise to maintain efficiency and safety. Even a small problem can lead to gas leaking into your home or dangerous carbon monoxide levels. Don’t take a chance with the health and safety of you and your family.
- Reduces repairs – Every winter, we receive calls from customers with heating problems that could have been easily prevented with regular maintenance. A furnace tune-up not only includes cleaning that keeps your furnace running efficiently, but it also catches small problems before they turn into major repairs.
- Saves time – Getting a VIP furnace tune-up, before the weather is cold, is much more convenient than waiting for a repairman during the winter in a cold home without heat. It is also cheaper.
- Improves energy efficiency – A furnace tune-up should include the cleaning and inspection of the furnace burner and heat exchanger. In addition to ensuring safe operation, this will keep your furnace running efficiently all winter.
- Maintains manufacturer’s warranty – If your furnace or heat pump is under a manufacturer’s warranty, it is especially important for you to get an annual furnace tune-up. Most manufacturers stipulate that their warranty becomes void if the heater is not regularly maintained. A furnace tune-up can satisfy that requirement and maintain your warranty.
All of these benefits of a furnace tune-up boil down to two things: keeping you safe and saving you money. For more information or to schedule your furnace tune up, please call one of our product specialists at (513) 777-7979.