What Are the Benefits of Keeping Your Equipment Maintained?
- We catch potential issues and breakdowns BEFORE they happen
- Documented maintenance will validate manufacturer warranties
- Peace of mind when verifying safe operation of your equipment
- One year warranty on all repairs
- 30 day operation guarantee. If your units breaks down with 30 days of your tune-up you do NOT pay any trip charges.
When it comes to heating and air conditioning equipment, Hauser Air believes that bigger isn’t always better. You’ll see the best results, longest life and most energy efficiency from a system that’s designed for the space you want to cool and heat.
A knowledgeable Hauser Air technician can help you identify the best fit for your home and budget, but here are just a few of the factors that he or she will consider when making that recommendation:
- Square footage of the heated/cooled space. If your HVAC system is designed for a smaller space than you’re heating/cooling, you probably won’t be pleased with its performance. Moreover, it will likely use more energy and experience more wear and tear than a properly sized system. On the other end of the spectrum, a system that’s too powerful could waste energy by cycling on and off too often. Not only would you be paying more than you need to in initial costs, but you’d also use more energy than necessary to maintain the desired temperature.
- The Southwest Ohio climate. Temperate areas may not need the most powerful heating and cooling equipment on the market.
- Zones! Do you need separate controls for different parts of your house? This is especially important to consider in larger houses.
Summer weather always brings in the heat, and one of the most important steps you can take as a homeowner is scheduling your seasonal air conditioning equipment servicing appointment. That’s where Hauser Air comes in to assist! Preventive maintenance, like changing air filters, cleaning ducts, and inspecting for warning signs, will keep your cooling system running at peak efficiency, potentially saving energy and lowering your cooling bills.
Air Conditioning season is upon us! As the Service Manager of Hauser Air, I would like to provide you with some tips to make sure your cooling system stays functional and efficient, while answering some common questions.
Here are some quick tips to help your cooling system perform at its best this season:
- Have a set date for checking and changing your air filter. A dirty filter can cause a multitude of damages both to the system and your home. To learn more about changing your filter, please check out our short video: Why Change Your Furnace Filter?.
- Schedule regular maintenance. This will ensure you maintain your manufacturer supplied warranty as well as keep the unit running efficiently. According to Energystar.gov, cooling your home accounts for 13% of the energy used by your household. Air Conditioning and Heat pump units have fine fins and coils that need to be cleaned yearly, preferably before the cooling season. Cleaning your cooling unit allows it to run more efficiently, in turn saving your family money this summer.
HCFC-22, commonly known as R-22 freon, has long been used as an efficient, non-flammable, and non-toxic refrigerant. In recent years, this popular refrigerant has been identified as an ozone-depleting substance (ODS) and subject to legislation. Due to its ozone depletion potential (ODP) and a global warming potential (GWP), all HCFCs have been designated “Class II” ODS and subject to phase out per the Montreal Protocol and U.S. Clean Air Act.
The process of ending the U.S. use of R-22 freon refrigerant began in the 1980s. Legislators recognized that R-22 could not be eliminated overnight without severe economic impacts to the private and public sectors. The process is now nearing its completion in 2020. As of January 1, 2020, the production, importation, and installments of all R-22 will be illegal throughout the U.S. Homeowners who have an older AC unit need to be aware of what this means for them.
As a homeowner, whether or not this change will affect you depends on the age of your home’s AC system. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has put increasing pressure on manufacturers to reduce the production and importation of R-22, with a goal of reaching a 99.5% reduction rate by 2020. If your unit was replaced or installed within the last 5 to 10 years, you are likely to have a system that uses R-410A, which is a newer acceptable type of refrigerant.
‘Tis the season to grab the family and enjoy cookies with two holiday pals: Santa Claus and Howie the Bear! All are welcome to this timeless annual tradition held at our West Chester offices on the evening of December 12. Please feel free to call us at 513-777-7979 with any questions about this festive Christmas event.
We had a great time at The Little Miami Cardboard Boat Regatta again this year!
Congratulations to our team on 3 awards:
- 1st place in the adult race
- the Peoples Choice award
- …and the Most Creative boat award
Most of all, we had a great time! Thank you for everyone who built and raced our cardboard boat, and joined us for this special event. We love making a splash in the local community.
Below are photos of our winning team!
Hauser Air marketing director, Amanda Poling, and company founder, Roy Hauser, are hitting the airwaves again in two new radio spots on Cincinnati’s 93.3FM below.
Our sizzling summer offers include:
- FREE service call with repairs
- FREE second opinions
- A “Dust Fighting Combo” to help you breathe easier
- …and we even have a new air conditioner for as low as $89/month!
This month’s question: “Why should I get an air conditioning tune-up?” is answered by our service manager, Jim Webster.
Jim’s answer: It depends on your needs and concerns. I like to look at my options using a pros and cons list, so I will provide that as follows…
- A clean coil equals $$$ saved both on life span of the system and conserving energy.
- Allows a professional to see your system and provide answers for any questions.
- Continued tune-ups allows us to give you an idea of the life left in all the components of the system. Which can allow time to financially prepare for any issues that may arise and hopefully keep you from an outage situation.
- Helps maintain factory warranties to assure that all repairs are made to their specifications.
- Provides peace of mind for the customer that the system is prepared during peak usage.
- Evaluation of the coolant level to help maintain peak operating performance.
- Cost of maintenance, although the money saved is worth the money spent.
- Scheduling, although our scheduling staff can generally meet your needs.
Thanks for the helpful info, Jim! It’s the perfect time of year for an air conditioning tune-up. Go ahead and schedule yours. To book your A/C tune-up, call a friendly Hauser Air representative at 513-777-7979 or contact us today!